Saturday, April 7, 2012

English-Medium Preschool

One of the main reasons I am considering to homeschool my children is that I want to maintain the English language skills they acquired from living abroad. When we return to Indonesia, everyone speaks Indonesian and all schools are conducted in Indonesian (unlike India and other countries implementing English Medium Education). The choice boils down to either I put them in a school conducted in English or I teach them myself in English.

There are 2 options for English-Medium pre-schools in my city:

1. OLIFANT-PreSchool run by Locals (Bi-Lingual)
2. YIS ~ Yogyakarta International School run by Foreigners (Full English)

A quick glance into their curriculum did not give me any assurance that I want to put my children in either of those schools. They are definitely secular schools, no Islamic education at all whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment